Your store is set up and you’re ready to start selling. You know about the importance of shipping speed and prices, and want to get your goods to your customers as quickly as possible with the least amount of hassle possible. There are so many options out there and so many questions to answer: Are you shipping domestically or internationally? Small parcels or large? Light or heavy? How fast do you need it to arrive? Tracking? Signature upon arrival? The list goes on and on!
Let us make your life a bit easier. Here are the pros and cons of a few of the main shipping options that you can use for your e-commerce store in the UK.
Royal Mail is a popular option for e-commerce retailers due to its convenience and relatively attractive prices.
- Royal Mail has various options for delivery within the UK and abroad, and are experts in UK deliveries.
- Same day service is available in many cases for additional fees.
- Memberships available for e-commerce stores including integration to popular websites.
- Ability to print labels and pay postage online.
- Without a membership you will need to drop packages off at a Postbox or Post Office location.
- International shipments may take 7-10 days to be delivered.
- Express shipping options can be costly.
Directly negotiating with shipping couriers
There are many shipping companies available today, both domestically and internationally. As a small business you can turn to these companies to get quotes for your specific shipping needs. This method can often be problematic for small businesses.
- Ability to ship through major companies with massive networks.
- Quick shipping, both domestically and internationally.
- Package pick-up from your home or business with most companies.
- High rates for companies with small shipping capacities.
- Long and often complicated process in order to set up memberships and obtain rates.
- Having to commit to one company that may not meet all of your needs.
- High shipping minimums per month.
Join thousands of online sellers!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get out best content delivered straight to your inbox.
No charge, Unsubscribe anytime.
Fetchy is a new shipping concept, aiming to make your life as easy as possible. We know you have a lot on your plate as an e-commerce seller, so let us take care of the dirty work for you. Our service is easy, convenient and most importantly, will save you a lot of money.
- At Fetchy, we’ve done all of the negotiating for you. We’ve partnered up with the biggest shipping companies in the UK and throughout the world.
- Attractive prices for even the smallest businesses: with Fetchy you’ll enjoy rates of “big businesses” even if you only send the occasional package (and we hope that soon you’ll be sending more and more).
- Do everything online, in a minute. Our online platform is easy to use and you can sign up and start shipping within a few minutes!
- No leaving home: with Fetchy you can schedule (free) pick-ups online and send as few or as many packages as you’d like at once.
- No minimum shipping quantities per month - ship one or thousands per month!
- We provide tracking on every shipment.
- Nervous about sending your valuable goods? With Fetchy you can rest assured, all of our shipments are insured and you can easily add on extra protection if needed.
- Full integration with some of the biggest e-commerce platforms.
- Flexibility to use multiple companies - we’ll make sure to get you the best deal possible! Even better, you won’t be stuck in a contract with a specific courier.
- Royal Mail - we provide full integration, meaning you can still use the post office if it suits you!
- Subscription fees? Not with Fetchy! If you don’t ship, you don’t pay.
- International shipment? We’ll get your parcel to its destination before you know it! We provide courier services both domestically and internationally.
- Last but not least, customer service. Need help? We’ve got your back, always.
- You might miss the post office since you won’t have to go there anymore!
There are lots of shipping options out there and we’re sure you could spend many hours and days researching all of them. At Fetchy, we know how important shipping is and that’s why we’ve set out to change the way online sellers ship. As an e-commerce seller, you’re busy enough. The last thing you should have to worry about is getting a fair quote for your shipping needs. That’s where we come in. With Fetchy you’ll have more time and money to work on the business you love.
Not quite convinced of the benefits of Fetchy yet? Sign up now for our system (no fees involved) and see what we can offer you! We promise you’ll be satisfied.