In the modern world filled with big-box supermarkets and a thriving online e-commerce community, most people are guilty of not thinking anything about the packaging and shipping industry that supports all of these industries around the world.
Amazon may be a billion-dollar industry, but they would be nothing if there was no way to get products to customers, emphasising the need for a shipping solution, like Fetchy. Packaging and shipping can make or break your business, and we’ve got the facts to prove it. Here are ten fun facts about shipping that will prove you should think twice about your current shipping models.
1. Consumers will form an impression of a brand in a matter of seconds. If you can put custom logos on your boxes and packaging then it brings with it a positive brand image. This is helpful in converting consumers into loyal customers.
2. The first ever patent for the cardboard box was issued all the way back in 1856. This patent has been used for the cardboard box ever since, and formed the foundation of customized boxes in 1903. That’s right; the humble little cardboard box is over 150 years old.
3. Research has shown that customers believe the product packaging to be almost as important as the brand itself. They are sometimes seen as being the same thing. So, not just any old packaging will do.
4. Businesses that pay special attention to packaging have reported an average increase in consumer interest of 30%.
5. Corrugated cardboard packaging makes up the largest single sector within the wider packaging industry. There are over 1,500 box plants producing these boxes in North America alone.
6. Around 90% of products shipped in the US are sent out in cardboard packaging.
7. Free shipping is a big deal to consumers. They are willing to spend an average of 30% more when they are offered free shipping. Even if that means paying more overall!
8. Speed is key when it comes to shipping. Slow shipping speeds will deter around 41% from making purchases. Be sure to offer fast delivery, even if you can’t make it free.
9. Around half of all online customers (52%) that get their items in customized shipping boxes are more likely to purchase from the same company in the future. Branding is very important to business success.
10. Shoppers are drawn to products right away and are likely to purchase it without researching it. This is the case 64% of the time. That’s right; around two-thirds of customers will buy a product based off of the packaging. The right packaging can make the difference between someone choosing you and a competitor.
Now that you have a better understanding of the shipping industry, and how big it still is, you’ll have a better appreciation of services like Fetchy. Don’t underestimate the power of choosing the right shipping provider for your products. You want to choose a solution that will keep customers coming back for more, and encourage first-time customers to make that initial purchase.